1. Does Your Website Have an Effective Design & Layout?
Many website owners are unclear on what “effective web design” really means. While a visually appealing website is important – it is equally important that elements on the page be designed with the intended goal of your website in mind.
2. Content is King (You’ve heard it a thousand times)
Anytime you read an article about how to improve your website, the idea of having effective content arises (well it should). It is absolutely essential that your content be written for your intended audience. Additionally, the content needs to clearly and concisely tell your visitor what you NEED them to do next.
3. Can Your Target Audience Find You on the Web?
The first question to ask yourself is “Are you being found on the web” – Just how many visitors are you receiving each daily, weekly, monthly or yearly to your website. It’s imperative to have a clear marketing strategy to drive traffic to your website.
4. You Have Visitors! GREAT! – Now where are the conversions?
This step can sometimes be the most baffling part of the process. You’re watching your analytics and you know for sure people are visiting your site. Well why the heck are they converting? More questions to ask yourself and topics to think about:
- Just where and what is my “Call To Action”?
- Now what is that thing again – Ah “Above the Fold”
- What long term value can I offer my visitors
- Consistent Tips